Friday, June 10, 2011

Update 3, April 1


Update 3, April 1, 2011

Greetings, Friends

It’s been a long week.  I wish I could tell you when we’ll be out of the ICU, but the last word I heard is that Stu needs to be under observation here for at least another 24 hours.  I’m still campaigning for a transfer down to Medford a.s.a.p., but I trust that things
will unfold as they are meant to.
 
On the bright side, this morning the physical therapy people got him sitting up and responding more than he has so far. He has been very talkative and very STU.  When asked his name he said “Stu”……..when asked his last name he said “big fat Jew”, I am not kidding.  (he finally said “Mendelson”, too)  This man is entertaining even after a stroke.  He smiled for the first time today, and also wrote his name.  He was able to swallow a little better today, a great blessing since he has been very thirsty but they can’t give him fluids because it goes down into his lungs, and he already has pneumonia.  Sigh.  
Both daughters are coming up for the weekend.  It will be good for both of us to see our family.  The grandkids, Shayna, Lucas, and Lily will be good therapy for me, I know.

Thank you all so much for all the prayers and  support.  Stick with me, this will probably be a very long adventure:-)

From Portland,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment