|"The Cross" by Stu Mendelson. Left corner: wedding invitation w/art by Stu|
Grateful for the Lord Jesus
Stu Mendelson Feb. 2011
1) I am grateful for Him, Himself
2) I am grateful that He is willing to correct and heal me.
3) I am grateful for a wife that loves the Lord and His way,
and that she patiently endures my struggles.
4) I am grateful for all the blessings that surround my life.
5) I am grateful for all the suffering that He uses to lead me to
repentance and lead me to the truth of how pride works.
6) I am grateful that I don’t have to------indeed I am told by Him NOT
to------- burden myself with how insane I’ve been about my flesh and
its stresses, my fears, and my selfish obsession for comfort.
7) I am grateful to know and believe that even though I crave the comfort of my flesh more than I crave His Holy Spirit, He knows my weakness and forgives me and only desires that in my suffering I persist in recalling to my mind, over and over again, the truth of Him, His Spirit, His love, and my destiny through Christ to be well in His timing.