Thursday, May 17, 2012

Many Hands.....:-)



So, if you've ever been on my property, you might well ask "How does she keep up with it?"  And then again, maybe you've been here and realized "She doesn't"  Ha!  It's a battle, that's for sure.  This year, the graduating class of TEACH, our local homeschool association, must have had a clue, because they voted to make my property their senior class service project.  I was floored!  I had been praying for some kind of help, but had no idea it would come in this form.  What an army!  There were four Dads, one Mom, 11 graduates (hope I counted right), a twelve year-old with his own weedeater, which he wielded with great expertise, and one enthusiastic five year old.  They descended on the property at 9:00 a.m., and by 3:00 they had transformed this place.  I always knew it could look like this!  To celebrate, I plan to host another Open Bakery Day on June 2.  More details on that in the next week.  In the meantime, I am planting flowers and smiling every time I look out my cottage windows.   Just so you know, I asked for a very severe pruning of both the apple and the grapevines---------hoping to build a tree house or fort up in the old apple.  That whole yard will be once again devoted to kid's crafts and play on the Open Bakery Day.  Last time we did chalk drawing, a coloring project, and bubbles.  It should be fun:-)











In front of bakery after
In front of bakery before
Round bed after
Round bed before
Grapevines after
Grapevines before
Apple tree after
Apple tree before
Honeysuckle after
Honeysuckle before
Willow tree after
Willow tree before

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a huge difference! Hooray for the TEACH kids, and hooray for God. :) I love the way he surprises us sometimes with answers beyond our ability to anticipate or imagine.
    Love you!
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete